Maplewood’s Book Fair is here!
- Online: November 9 – 22; Online Store link
- In the Library: November 14 – 18; Students, Friends & Families can attend at the Maplewood library the week of November 14th
- Sign up to volunteer! volunteer signup link
- Set up your child’s e-Wallet. e-Wallet link
- Maplewood Teacher/Staff Wishlist (available around 11/14). Wishlist link
What is the Scholastic Book Fair about?
Proceeds from our fair support the Maplewood PTA, library resources, student scholarships and classroom libraries.
When will my child visit the fair?
The fair is open to students during the school day all day Monday – Friday the week of November 14th. Students will visit during their library time.
When can parents and neighbors visit the fair?
Families and friends are welcome anytime during after school or evening hours!
After school/evening hours:
- Tuesday, November 15th – Fair open 2:15pm – 3:00pm
- Wednesday, November 16th – Fair open 2:15pm – 7:00pm
- Family Night ~ Treats available from 5-7 compliments of the PTA
- Thursday, November 17th – Fair open 2:00pm – 6:00pm
How can my child purchase items?
The e-wallet is the best way to electronically load funds to your child’s book fair items. Set up your child’s E-wallet HERE. E-wallet funds will also be available to families in need – please contact Ms. Cunningham should you need further assistance. Your child may also bring cash or a check to school. Envelopes will be provided in each classroom at the beginning of the school day to keep funds private and secure. Cash, Checks, or credit cards are also accepted after school.
What if I can’t make it to the fair?
Contact the “Book Fair Volunteer Concierge” Michelle (call/text 949-573-7866) or Kari (call/text 503-459-2415) if you need anything! We can video chat you through the book shelves, ensure your student gets a specific book or books, answer any questions, run books out to you after school – whatever you need!
My child bought a lot of posters last year… How can I ensure they get books?
We will be allowed a few volunteers this year to help students. We do our best to ensure every student gets at least one book. However, students are interested in the other items as well. Have a conversation with your child about what your expectation is prior to the fair. Many families choose to have their child browse during their library time and purchase items together during the after school/evening hours.
How can I help?
We will need volunteers! A signup will be available a few weeks before the fair. Make sure to have your background check completed with PPS. It is a fun, easy job and we appreciate your help!